The interior of St. John’s was upgraded in 2004 to accommodate a small kitchen, a toilet and disabled access. This has enabled us to hold concerts and lunches within the church.
St. John’s is a Grade 2 church built in 1843 in the Neo-Norman style of the local green stone. The most interesting feature is the Font, perhaps 15th century although the font cover is probably 17th or 18th century. It has a central finial, clearly of different origin, perhaps 15th century; crudely cut from a single piece of oak.